Announcing Weekly Maintenance
Published 2016-10-25 by Jochen Lillich
“Managed hosting” means that we’re doing a lot of work behind the scenes to make sure that freistilbox keeps running your websites in the most reliable fashion possible. Here are only a few examples:
- make upgrades to hosting software components,
- replace servers with more powerful hardware,
- move around resources to balance capacity within our infrastructure,
- change failed hardware components,
- improve infrastructure automation,
- etc. etc.
Today we’re announcing a weekly maintenance window for freistilbox. From now on, we’ll be doing regular maintenance tasks each Wednesday starting at 6am CET/CEST.
This maintenance window will have multiple benefits:
- It makes planning our work easier.
- It creates more transparency for you, our customer.
- It reduces the number of changes that could affect your website’s uptime.
While standard operating procedures such as system restarts might cause short interruptions, we don’t expect significant downtime during this maintenance window. In the case that we’re planning changes which carry the risk of an outage, we’ll announce this a few days in advance on the freistilbox status page.
We will still continue to do maintenance work outside of this regularly scheduled maintenance time, especially for things that can’t wait such as urgent security upgrades.
By the way, you can now read up on all the important changes we’re making to our managed hosting platform on our newly introduced Changelog!
If you have any questions regarding our weekly maintenance window, don’t hesitate to contact us — we’re always happy to help.